InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

See here-
http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...=0#entry8690150

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Coolant Problems ?, Engine coolant leak
Acebot
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 07:19 PM

6MT RS200 - Dunedin

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 2,776

Hi guys/gals,

Just got back from my WOF, passed but was told that I should be getting a coolant check done on the car.

He had squeezed the hose that runs from the radiator to the engine (while it was running) and felt no pressure, he then checked the black plastic coolant (reservoir) tank to find it nearly empty.

I have heard that the standard radiator caps have a habit of malfunctioning but this hasn't happened to mine (....yet, touch wood).

The car is not overheating during driving and the last time the cars coolant would have been tampered with would have been the 100,000km service where it had the water pump replaced. That was 17,800kms ago.

Any ideas? I guess it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out but I would like to have some idea of how serious or not this problem is.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
nz_climber
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 07:43 PM

Lowered

Group: Std. Member
Member No.: 6,063

Top the radiator and overflow tank up to where it should be, and keep an eye on it..

work out how much water it is using and where it is going from there.

--------------------
Building a Beams 3sge powered Mcgregor 7.

Check out progress (or lack of..) at http://www.lotus7.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.ph...957eb3663a85224
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Engines Intakes Exhausts | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive