Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Feedback...
Grim Squeaker
Posted: Jun 20 2005, 05:08 PM

Peon

Group: Pres. of Neeber is Sexy club
Member No.: 15

Nice chickens.
Xaos_Bob
Posted: Jun 20 2005, 06:13 PM

Commoner

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Wait'll you meet Bizzen. biggrin.gif

Arthur Dent
Posted: Jun 26 2005, 07:17 AM

Unregistered

Speaking of Bizzen: how is this quest supposed to work? I've been walking all over the Imnesvale area, asking Bizzen if she is near her hive yet, more or less gracefully accepted the ensuing lightning bolt - but that cannot be how the quest was meant to be played, right?

Since the scripts mentioned something about bears I have looked up, greeted and subsequently killed every bear I could find. To no effect, other than that the area is now bear free.

Any tips?

cliffette
Posted: Jun 26 2005, 08:48 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I don't think I ever coded a distance check for the hive (though that is a top idea) - so it's pretty much a matter of wandering around til Bizzen tells you you've found it. It's an obnoxious quest, but that's kind of to be expected seeing as the mod was made by me. Sorry. innocent.gif

I'll code in a distance check for the next version so that you can play hot/cold with Bizzen.

// Answer/spoiler
The hive is actually on the left side of the map, kind of where there's abit of a cliff face with a bunch of lumps at the base (left of the stairs leading up to Valgar's cabin). You should see two large bears there, and this will trigger a short cutscene.

If you have killed the bears without the script triggering (though it shouldn't happen), you can try creating the creatures "clifbr1" and "clifbr2" through the CLUAConsole. To make sure it works, I'd also recommend setting the global "CliffSeesBear","GLOBAL",0 before the encounter, then walk up to meet the bears.
cliffette
Posted: Jun 26 2005, 10:45 AM

Administrator

Posted: Aug 1 2005, 12:12 AM

Unregistered

Love the chickens too, too scared to drink the potion and can't find the damn wolf. Loved Jumpalot, too.

Oh, who am I? Just someone from "across the ditch".
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 12:19 AM

Unregistered

Errrr ... PS, how do you access the grid numbers you give for the locations of things?
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 07:48 PM

Unregistered

Never mind, I asked JC, found the wolf, he's adorable.
underdog
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 02:24 AM

Commoner

Group: Bug Zapper 3000
Member No.: 21

problem with Tegank, made the ring, found the lady, we goto a cutscene and it just hangs there with everyone standing around,and no control of anything, did it repeatedly so probably not a single fluke.
First time the cutscene started, then the druid that appears to give a warning about being in the grove showed up after a long delay, then could talk to the lady (got the trademeet conversation again) talk to Tegank he told me to go get the lady, (she's standing right there), so thought the druid screwed the cutscene up, went to grove met the druid, went back to trademeet, thats where it now just hangs on the cutscene so I can't check any variables at that point.

cliffette
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 03:10 AM

Administrator

Thank underdog, I'll check through the code tonight.
underdog
Posted: Aug 19 2005, 03:19 AM

Commoner

Another problem
got the wolf following me around, man is it hard to keep it alive, but cast protection from normal missiles on it before going into the 2nd part of the windspear dungeon, the one where you get hit by the 8 orcs with arrows, and he didn't transition into that area, and won't transistion out of the 1st area into the main WS map now.
I created a wolf in the main WS map area, and he won't transition to any other maps now either, ie. trademeet.

I can keep 'creating' wolves in each area if need be, but is there any other ideas? or quicken the end of the quest up, and not worry about it anymore?
I mean wolf is kind of nice to have around, but he just doesn't do much against vampires and things like that without any +2 weapons. rolleyes.gif
cliffette
Posted: Aug 20 2005, 01:38 AM

Administrator

underdog, you seem to be attracting bugs like a bugzapper!

The wolf is kind of there just to be cute, though he is part of a quest.

Spoiler (highlight between the *s to see it):
*Go to the Umar Inn and talk to Moxen to finish the quest.*

The transitioning thing might be fixed by telling the wolf to stay where he is (ie leave the party), then telling him to come with you once again. I'll have to check the code, but that should turn on his 'follow' block of code and he should once again transition between maps.
underdog
Posted: Aug 20 2005, 03:21 AM

Commoner

Heh, never thought to talk to the wolf rolleyes.gif
that fixed it now transitions, just have a few wolves following me around now, did go do the secret part to finish it up, and let her follow along, and now I tell her to stay back from the vampires, so now I just have to go around ctrl-Y'ing the 'spare' wolves.
Silk
Posted: Aug 30 2005, 07:20 PM

Commoner

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

I've played a mage in the past and had a familiar, so talking to the Wolf was the first thing I did. After realising that the Wolf would jump headfirst into any and all combat (and usually get killed), I got the hang of telling her to stay.

Oh, and I ADORED Bizzen's lines. You have a great sense of humour there, Cliffette.
Charla
Posted: Nov 10 2005, 10:09 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (underdog @ Aug 4 2005, 02:24 AM)
problem with Tegank, made the ring, found the lady, we goto a cutscene and it just hangs there with everyone standing around,and no control of anything, did it repeatedly so probably not a single fluke.
First time the cutscene started, then the druid that appears to give a warning about being in the grove showed up after a long delay, then could talk to the lady (got the trademeet conversation again) talk to Tegank he told me to go get the lady, (she's standing right there), so thought the druid screwed the cutscene up, went to grove met the druid, went back to trademeet, thats where it now just hangs on the cutscene so I can't check any variables at that point.

I have the same problem. I went to Tegenk before going to the girl after resetting the game, and he was up and right of the cut scene zone. I'm guessing they are out of range for the script to proceed?
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1911 seconds | Archive