Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Feedback...
cliffette
Posted: Nov 13 2005, 01:26 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oops. Thanks for reminding me about this issue, Charla. I'll go tweak the script a little. smile.gif
Bex
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 07:12 PM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Round Two of playing with EMaD has gone much better for me, so now I can comment on a functional install (which is so much better than a non-functional one!).

With Bizzen, I didn't realize he was supposed to shock me constantly until I found his home. It's simultaneously amusing and annoying. I'm really glad this part of the mod wasn't working any better than the cutscene trigger in my first game, since I carted that bee around with me for a couple of weeks.

I absolutely adore the wolf. Having a pet following my ranger around is great. I do have a few little observations though. On reaching Brynnlaw, Betana shapeshifts and reveals herself, but her speech indicates we never had a final confrontation with Moxen (and that we didn't know she wasn't really a wolf), which we did.

Another odd behavior results from the way Betana spawns to Charname: she's present in dreams. This was only problematic in trying to keep her away from Bhaal in the Asylum dream, as I couldn't very well tell her to stay there. There's also a typo in her interaction menu: "Pull the her tail." I assume that's from not fully changing it from "Pull the wolf's tail."

At any rate, everything seems to work great now. I don't know why the first install was so broken. There are a number of smaller mods I removed completely for Round Two, and QP and UB are now installed before EMaD instead of after, but I'm not sure any of these changes are even relevant.
Bex
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 04:41 AM

Peon

I finally tried Nua Nein's potion, and the results are hysterical. Even the monsters think I'm a hottie. Damn thing keeps breaking my stealth though. I really hope it does wear off after a day.

The protection from fire portrait icon shows up after drinking the potion, although it doesn't appear to change the drinker's actual resistance. The icon wears off about when I imagine the effects of an actual fire resistance potion would.
cliffette
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 06:43 AM

Administrator

Hehe... I think the fire icon came about from the fact that you are now considered 'hot' by everybody.
Bex
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:16 PM

Peon

I don't know if you'd want to act on this or not, whenever you get access to a modding computer again, but a little XP for the Promise of a Troll and Under Her Spell quests would actually make them viable to play through again. As it stands, they're certainly amusing but the cost in terms of travel time and/or money is pretty high with no tangible compensation, so there's not a lot of incentive to play them more than once, unless you're really fond of Joaen's... ahem... spelling.

Speaking of which was "rouge demon hunter" a reference to Wesley on the Angel TV series?
cliffette
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 07:28 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (Bex @ Feb 3 2006, 07:16 PM)
Speaking of which was "rouge demon hunter" a reference to Wesley on the Angel TV series?

Yes indeed. smile.gif

Hmm... I have pretty much lost all my WeiDU skillz with my extended absence from modding related stuff... but I kind of like the pathetic experience point status of the current quests. It screams "Unbalanced!" and "Ill-thought out plots/battles/rewards!" which is true.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1502 seconds | Archive