Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Buzz off, Bizzen!
Bex
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 06:32 PM

Unregistered

I found the bears, but the cutscene won't play. Are the bears supposed to be hostile? I tried killing them and spawning new ones (still hostile) and resetting the CliffSeesBear variable, but still nothing happened, so I reloaded and left the game parked with the original bears. Aren't non-summoned bears usually blue-circled? There's a deer attacking them. The deer is neutral. It's rather comical.

Also, as Anomen was having some family problems, I had to leave Imnesvale and come back before doing Jermien's quest, so Dorc and Joaen spawned while Jermien and co. were still present. It looked a bit odd, and the door slam was annoying, but everything with Jermien still works fine.
cliffette
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 07:21 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oops? The bears do become hostile when the cutscene occurs. The cutscene occurs when anyone from your party has seen the bears. So the answer is - I don't know what's gone wrong and I can't check because my computer is still not available.

I don't know how bug #2 has happened - as I recall, the code checks that Jermien is dead or gone before spawning Dorc.
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 08:22 AM

Unregistered

I probably just have a bad install, which I can't really fix for fear of ruining the save (I've come so far). Nothing but trouble, me.

I might tinker with resetting the variable and then summoning some new bears, as I'm not certain I did that. A clean cache might help. Failing that, I'm stuck with a psychotic bee in my backpack. Or I might SK the little bugger out.

The darling wolfie's follow scripts aren't working so well on area transitions either. I think it's my install, not the mod.

Did I mention that I really, really, honestly enjoy the mod?
Bex
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 08:03 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

(Made account. "Guest" was making the residents nervous.)

Curiouser and curiouser. Whilst attempting to wipe out Shadow Thieves at the request of Inspector Brega, per Quest Pack in Chapter 6, the cutscene kicked in. My initial response was "What!? Did I die?" but no, Bizzen just wanted to have a chat. The quest completed just fine, even though there were no bears in sight.

Unfortunately, this was in the middle of a battle that didn't go so well. After reloading, Bizzen's cutscene kicked in again, and Betana showed up afterwards (as herself, with nothing to say, following me around). This was so weird, I neglected to save the game before the fighting broke out again (I regret this intensely). Minsc suffered a horrible chunky death, and the cutscene didn't kick in after another reload. Of course, this time the entire party survived, and I really didn't want to do it over again.

So, the cutscene breaks in a third time during another intense battle in another part of the thieves' maze. Again, I get my butt kicked and, multiple party member deaths later, reload the game. The cutscene does not repeat a fourth time, despite my best efforts at wandering around the dungeon aimlessly. It does not seem related to anything in particular, other than consistently popping up right before I get my ass handed to me. This was triggering in a modified area, so I don't know if it will occur elsewhere or not. I'm hoping it does.

So... Quest Pack incompatibility? Other strangeness? QP is installed after EMaD.

Screenshots will be posted in the Quest Pack forums at PPG:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,21063.0.html
cliffette
Posted: Dec 17 2005, 04:02 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Argh, I'm sorry. At least it's spiced up the game experience, even if it's the type of spice that gives you stomach troubles.

I will check that I didn't set a strange CombatCounter timing - sometime next year as I still don't have access to a computer with .rar extracting ability - because of the battle thing. You are a great bug reporter and might just surpass underdog. smile.gif
Bex
Posted: Dec 18 2005, 06:36 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

You'll be pleased to know that the saga of Bizzen had a happy ending after all. He moved into Firkragg's old digs. Rather a grand home for a solitary wingless bee, but who am I to argue?
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1109 seconds | Archive