Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Fed up
icelus
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:27 AM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

I am so sick and tired of the "play nice in the sandbox" and the "only nice stuff belongs in mods" and the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" sentiments that are running rampant these days.

GET OVER IT SHITHEADS.

People don't always play nice. People don't all have the same morals. Not everyone thinks that Pat Robertson Knows It All. Not everyone thinks sex is taboo. The world is not filled with fields where puppies chase butterflies (though puppies are damn cute). Sometimes "fuck" is the absolute perfect adjective/noun for a situation.

I've had enough of the holier-than-thou crowds. It almost makes me yearn for the Rapture. Maybe I'd finally get some peace. smile.gif

Bex
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:41 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

u suk
Eral
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:47 AM

Pleasure Slave

Group: Supercoffeefragillisticexpialido
Member No.: 11

Let it out. You will feel better.

What we need is a List of all the forums where you can't swear or say anything interesting and young Christians seem to have assumed mind control of all participants.
Then we need people who would be interested in one of two things:
1. Transferring all useful discussion re. mods to forums where useful discussion (including hearty criticism) can take place, thus sparing others the pain of seeing threads on underwear locked in order to protect young children from them, which is especially puzzling as all the young children I know think the only things funnier than underwear are bums.
2. Hijacking every thread with lively debate and raucous humour, causing either complete lockdown of the site or a loosening up of attitudes through sheer exhaustion.

Other than that, you could try to just not visit them. I don't find this very workable myself, as I find they exert a morbid fascination for me.
Bex
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:54 AM

Peon

It must be awful to be a modder and actually have to keep tabs on things in all the communities (that haven't banned you), instead of being able to pop in and out at will, just for entertainment's sake.

I am thankful that nobody has ever told me to take my bug reports and shove them up my ass, but if it ever happens, you can bet I'll be heartily amused.
icelus
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:55 AM

Devoted Minion

QUOTE (Bex @ Jan 12 2006, 10:41 PM)
u suk

Ouch. And in Allegedly-Manly Pink, too. sad.gif
Bex
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 05:56 AM

Peon

See now? This is why we're only supposed to post nice things. Or else someone gets his feeling hurt.
Eral
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:04 AM

Pleasure Slave

You know, just for icelus, we should have a regular festival of Saying What You Really Think. We could have The Baldly Stated Opinion day.(Cliffette might need to have that day off, and visit a nice quiet museum, and at a given time before she returns we would delete all our posts and she wouldn't have to take any heat for it.)
As it would be antithetical to normal community practice, we could probably slide it past the Anti-Community defences in place.
icelus
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:07 AM

Devoted Minion

QUOTE (Bex @ Jan 12 2006, 10:56 PM)
See now? This is why we're only supposed to post nice things. Or else someone gets his feeling hurt.

Yes, but instead of hating you, I will instead learn from the situation and make myself a better person. Plus, I feed off of sarcasm. smile.gif
Bex
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:10 AM

Peon

You people are so much fun. And I don't mean that in a Manly Pink way at all.
icelus
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:13 AM

Devoted Minion

Uh oh. Now we're getting close to ;wub: and *huggles* territory!

grouphug.gif
Drew
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 08:59 AM

Peon

Member No.: 30

I think I may have read two threads in the rec room before I decided it would be a waste of time to post there. It seems as if they (the moderators) are delibrately trying to find ways to be offended. The funny thing is that I have no problem with the strict moderation that happens at Sorcerer's Place. Probably because they are explicit about what the rules are (and why they are that way) and very even-handed with the way they enforce them. Seeing the way the rec room was being moderated made me die a little inside.
Eral
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 11:36 AM

Pleasure Slave

The onus of posting only nice things is a direct cause of most of my posts here. Just imagine what would happen if Cliffette hadn't given us the Soap-Box (much nicer than the Quarantine area, and far less likely to draw attention.)
I much prefer the style of St. Jo and even our new Dwarven moderator, although he's overly sensitive to religion. Jyz used to like long fluffy threads. I felt the underwear thread had a lot of potential. It's always sad when a good thread is cut off in it's prime.

If Cliffette adds the hugging smilies to the repertoire, I am holding you personally responsible, icelus. angry.gif
Eral
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 01:09 PM

Pleasure Slave

Delete:Cliffette has guilt issues. I know how bad that is. smile.gif
Idobek
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 01:51 PM

Commoner

Member No.: 31

I have two (count 'em) manly pink t-shirts. I exude sarcasm and irony. My personal colour though is dust bunny (only one other person would get this "joke").

That's enough superfluous information. I had a reason for posting here, what was it? Oh yeah, so I agree with Ice. I'd also like to mention to him that it was more fun when we could bitch about it in IRC.

Also, most women I talk to think sex is taboo but I think that has a lot do do with who they are talking to.
Drew
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 03:39 PM

Peon

Member No.: 30

One of my biggest flaws is that I always expect people to be reasonable, at heart. I really need to stop doing that. People aren't always reasonable. They aren't always logical, either. These types of people listen to neither logic nor reason.

The other reason I felt the need to continue responding in that thread is because there are a lot of very impressionable minds posting in it that would have actually taken that bullshit to heart, and used that shit logic as an excuse to ignore the serious ramifications of long term drug abuse. The father in me can't allow such blatantly misleading ideas to infect the life-experience impaired.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3100 seconds | Archive