Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Fed up
icelus
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 03:07 AM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

Mr. Y is persona non grata. smile.gif
Bex
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 06:01 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

My worldview has just been shaken to its very core, I'll have you know.
Eral
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 11:04 AM

Pleasure Slave

Group: Supercoffeefragillisticexpialido
Member No.: 11

This is mind-bogglingly impossible. What, they object to people being even-handed and objective? They baned fences? Did Andyr feel sorry for one of the recipients of their Humiliation of the week awards? I found a post where he advocated playing BG1 with Tutu, and posted a link - could that have sent them over the edge?
Having read their rules I don't know that I'd be entirely comfortable hanging out there - though they do allow politics. I fear they don't look fondly on off-topicness.
Still, they don't seem entirely insane, and some discussions are quite zippy.

The foundations of civilisation quiver, indeed.
Andyr
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 06:11 PM

Grunt

Group: Grand Vizier (temporary)
Member No.: 5

I'm not banned, just asked not to enter.

The reason is I don't like the way Taluntain links to mods on the main site, minimises any mention that these mods were made by external sites (and edits posts with too many external links), and then encourages people to donate money to SP while they are under the false pretence that he is in some way involved with creating or hosting mods.

It is spreading misinformation, misdirecting people's information about mods, and profiting in part from our work (which, I might add, is not done for any financial recompense).
icelus
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 06:35 PM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

Plus, he's a Shithead. smile.gif
Eral
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 10:53 AM

Pleasure Slave

Well that clears that up then.

It's a boycott if you decide not to go there. It's a bane if they decide you shouldn't. It must have been a difficult one for Talonchewon - everybody knows he's acting shamefully if he lets you hang around and express your opinion on what he's doing, and he looks like a total prick if he banes you. He doesn't seem to have suffered much though.

I figured such a phrase as employed by icelus must be applicable to him when I read about the Moron of the Week award. I know people in the IE community feel passionately about grammar, but that's just nasty.
Andyr
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 11:02 AM

Grunt

Group: Grand Vizier (temporary)
Member No.: 5

Well, I can go to their IRC channel but have been informed if I do when he's there then BANED. So it's sort of a mutual boycott/BANEing situation.
Eral
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 11:16 AM

Pleasure Slave

You'd think he'd be embarassed to be the Only Person In The World Offended By Andyr. How does he manage to work up annoyance/outrage?
A: I can see how many people hold that view, but it's not a position I share.
T: How dare you say that!
See? It doesn't hold water.
It's not really a boycott, you're sparing everyone the conflict by not going there.
The good news is it probably pisses him off because once again, he comes off looking very second-rate.
Excellent.
Posted: Feb 5 2006, 07:51 PM

Unregistered

It's obviously because you didn't give him a Happy Birthday thread on G3.
Eral
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 01:25 AM

Pleasure Slave

Let's make him a belated one, mispelling his username.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1720 seconds | Archive