Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I know he means well....
Bex
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 06:30 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

But since when did PPG turn into CoM? I know all discussion of politics is strictly forbidden there, since it's clearly posted in the sticky rules thread attached to every single sub-forum, but this really is ridiculous. Are we not adults? (With the possible exception of Drew.)
Eral
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:20 AM

Pleasure Slave

Group: Supercoffeefragillisticexpialido
Member No.: 11

I have already sent him a PM. As he is the Evil Overlord, and prone to get cranky when thwarted, I tried hard not to be abusive, and did my best at Persuasive Argument Stopping Just Short Of Grovelling.
Honestly, who will we become if this sort of thing continues? Obviously, Echon posted something waaay beyond the pale (icelus/Ghrey baleeted it - need I say more?) But the rest of us -including Joe- managed to discuss the issue (in the few moments allowed to us) without crossing the lines of acceptable discussion. Hell, at SP - where moderation borders on police state tactics - they let some id-individual bring up David Irving in such a way as to suggest they supported him. (I'm hoping that the argument really was: acceptance of free speech = accepting the discussion of all POV - which is very tricky and very interesting.)
Will PPG become a forum where discusion is cut off before it gets controversial? Where underwear cannot be mentioned for fear of harming children?
icelus
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 03:44 PM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

I didn't baleet nothin'! The thread title was "Something Rotten in the State of Denmark." Echon is Danish. I couldn't resist. smile.gif
Eral
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 10:22 AM

Pleasure Slave

Oh. Right. You should add that to the in-joke thread. It's very funny, once you know that.
I have to say I was somewhat confused at the thought you were out there making the world a tidier place and cleaning up other people messes. I have always thought you have a healthy case of domestic blindness to that stuff. I am very much relieved it was Ghrey who was doing the baleeting - natural order is restored.

icelus
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 05:25 PM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

I merge, split, and move threads because I'm anal. Baleetion is naughty.
Eral
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 11:34 PM

Pleasure Slave

My use of the word tidy was incorrect. You do like things to be tidy. I should have said "removing other people's rude words". Much more accurate.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0844 seconds | Archive