Skin modified from Pyro's "Sour Apple" of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Namc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Denmark
Eral
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 07:03 AM

Pleasure Slave

Group: Supercoffeefragillisticexpialido
Member No.: 11

You're so bitter, jc. If I didn't know that deep down, really, really deep down, you are quite fond of us, I'd be wounded at your difficulties getting over that extremely short period of bad behaviour. Especially when we said sorry.
Oh and good to see you breaking your vow of silence.

Drew: Yeah, but at least the thread got to 7 pages.
I think it's inevitable that a topic like this attracts people who have a narrow view of the world and aren't on the Net to widen it. But if you want to find out what people know about stuff, and to hear what they think, that's the risk you run.
Drew
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 09:25 AM

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

It's still going......and the consensus is that all muslims are hippocrites. They completely ignore the huge ammount of pre-existing anti-Islamic sentiment. They also completely ignore Denmark's snubbing of 10 Muslim ambassadors. Nearly every post I've made in that thread has been made to remind everyone that they aren't getting attacked by all Muslims, or even most Muslims. Racist slurs go unchecked. I don't think I will visit Sorcerer's Place again.
jcompton
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 03:05 PM

Peon

Group: <3 Anomen Devotee <3
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Eral @ Feb 9 2006, 07:03 AM)
You're so bitter, jc.

Generally, yes. Specifically in this case, only because some of you don't seem to appreciate that...

QUOTE (drew)

I don't think I will visit Sorcerer's Place again.

...this is precisely the sort of thing that I'm trying to avoid.

This post has been edited by jcompton on Feb 9 2006, 03:05 PM
Regullus
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 05:06 PM

Commoner

Member No.: 32

First I would like to thank Underdog for the links. I must admit to being quite fond of Zombie's page. I am sorry I forgot to thank you in my previous post. smile.gif

I have to confess that I am somewhat puzzled by the repeated referance to the religion thread at ppg. As I recall the thread was mainly about the accuracy of biblical translation, and the other topics that derailed were about anything but religion. No? I am find that I am unwilling to go back and re-read the topics.

jc - I am saddened to hear that life is generally lived in a haze of bitterness, and equally distressed to hear that the gentle twitting by Eral at your Dwarven Moderatorial style has been distressing to you. sad.gif I hope these feelings are not affecting your work on the new game.

One other thing, regarding the religious links at yahoo. I assume that you are aware that the link takes you, eventually, to a group called llamahumpers. ohmy.gif

To be slightly on-topic, I read an article about how Danish flags are selling like hot cakes in Gaza. I always thought the majority of flags used in protests were homemade. Nice to know the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well.

icelus
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 07:31 PM

Devoted Minion

Group: Mr Infinitive
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Regullus @ Feb 9 2006, 10:06 AM)
One other thing, regarding the religious links at yahoo. I assume that you are aware that the link takes you, eventually, to a group called llamahumpers. ohmy.gif

Someone better warn Bons.
Drew
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 11:45 PM

Peon

Member No.: 30

@JC: I completely understand why you opted to preemptively close that thread in PPG. I actually agree with it, especially after seeing what happened with the thread at SP. Something worth mentioning, though, is that PPG really doesn't have to worry as much about losing it's mod consumers. There is absolutely nothing I ever need from Sorcerer's Place, since they don't actually make any mods. If the forum pisses me off enough I just won't go back, because they offer absolutely nothing that I can't get elsewhere. PPG, on the other hand, makes mods that people want to play and aggressively updates them as well. I doubt anyone is going to stop playing Virtue or downloading other PPG mods because somebody said something offensive in EFCB. They probably just won't post in the forum anymore. (Then again, that's probably reason enought to be cautious.)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3269 seconds | Archive