Fractal skin created by Heretic of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2150 seconds | Archive

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Pregnantdress. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Getting Ideas
pregwit6
  Posted: Oct 31 2011, 11:05 PM

Just got pregnant

Group: First time Mother
Member No.: 126

So ive lurked on here alot before. And tried to introduce myself once but it wouldnt let me post. Ive tried dressing up before and really enjoyed it but never got to for a long period of time, but this week i will finally get a chance. Ive read through past posts and everything to get good ides on what to use, but was curious if you ladies could help me get a good "shopping list" for my special little "vacation" thats approaching. I really want to look and feel realistic, from shape/size to weight. Also i will be in it most of the day and will be able to sleep that way (yay!) so it needs to be secure. Ive always been fond of the punch balloons with water but wanted to know the best ways to support and pad it (that is also on the cheaper side).
Thank you for any help ladies,
Hugs. (though soon it will hopefully be harder to do due to my belly tongue.gif )
Belly Girl
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 07:28 PM

Can't move

Group: Professional Pregnant
Member No.: 75

Welcome aboard! smile.gif

Just wanted to pass along a few ideas based on what I use to dress. Typically, I use padding of some sort (blankets mostly since they're soft & can create a fairly realistic shape) and I add weight with a small kettlebell and/or socks filled with loose change. I used to use small hand weights, but the shape was odd. The kettlebell and especially the bags of change are much easier to work with & give you more opportunities to add and distribute weight evenly.

Some folks here use beachballs (or some other vessel) filled with water. Seems to work well since you can get both your belly and weight from the same source. Hopefully someone who's more versed in that method can give you some pointers there.

As far as clothes & support go, I use one of those all in one body shapers a few sizes larger than I wear, plus a high-waisted panty girdle as undergarments. The bodyshaper lets you create a fairly realistic looking belly, and the extra panty girdle helps for support the weight of your "pregnancy." I usually wear leggings and maternity tops. My profile pic is a pretty good idea of how I dress.

Those are some basics. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else you'd like to chat about! Hope you enjoy your shopping & dressing. And again, welcome to our community. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do. smile.gif

pregjenn
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 08:38 PM

jennifer c

Group: Big belly club
Member No.: 14

Hi pregwit6!

Sorry to hear you had trouble posting your first hello, but I'm really glad you sent this and thanks so much for posting! Welcome!

I actually still have my first shopping list for my current belly around somewhere, I'll dig it up and post it for you. I used to be strictly a padded belly girl. But I have played around and experimented and my current belly is a wonderful combination of padding and a water filled beach ball. I did try the water filled punch balloon thing and had a massive accident! Lucky for tiled floors! lol

Take care and see ya around!

jennc
pregwit6
  Posted: Nov 16 2011, 11:14 PM

Just got pregnant

Thank you. Im excited to see your list Jenn. Sadly my "vacation" got cut very short but i enjoyed it while i could. I tried the water and punchball balloon combo. It seemed like it could be fun but i didnt have mush support so it became difficult. i also tried to fill it with water filled balloons but i couldnt even get one in it like that. I think next time im gonna try to do just padding and work my way up from there. Hopefully this will be soon.
AngelRox
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 12:53 AM

Can't move

Member No.: 37

I've had great success using the water-filled, punch balloon method. The best way to avoid accidents is to use two balloons each time. Basically, you stuff one balloon inside the other so you get a thicker, layered balloon. Like you experienced first-hand though, support is certainly difficult. I could share with you what I use if you're interested.

I think it's great that you are experimenting with different methods. It's probably the best way to figure out what works and doesn't work. Then you can decide what's best for you. Hope that helps. Good luck!

-Rochelle
pregwit6
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 10:27 PM

Just got pregnant

I would love to know Angel.
AngelRox
Posted: Dec 13 2011, 04:06 AM

Can't move

Member No.: 37

The easiest and least expensive option would be to get a one-piece swimsuit. These work really well and can easily hold the belly in place. I made the mistake of buying mine too small, so when I tried experimenting with larger sized bellies, the swimsuit became uncomfortable to wear. I would suggest buying a size bigger than what you think you need. It's always easier to get bigger by either adding more water, padding with towels/clothes, etc.

What I currently use involves more items to get, but I get a belly that's closer to my skin color opposed to whatever random color the swimsuit is. I use a whole body briefer, waist briefer (or granny panties tongue.gif ) and a maternity bra. I usually put on the body briefer first, then stuff the water filled balloon under like I would if I was stuffing a basketball or regular balloon underneath a t-shirt. I put on the waist briefer next and finally the maternity bra. This usually holds pretty good sized bellies, but I've gotten big enough (see my last few picture posts) to where all these support items don't hold up the belly nearly as well. I even tried putting on the swimsuit after I put on the waist briefer. It felt liked it helped hold up the belly more, but I can't be sure because the swimsuit was too small that I could barely pull the swimsuit over my belly (like I couldn't get the shoulder straps over my shoulders!). The maternity bra is probably not necessary. I feel like it should help support the belly more (considering how much it cost), but my expectations were probably too high for it. To me, it feels more like it's a luxury item if you trying to get that bare belly look.

Hope I didn't confuse you and that it gave you an idea about where you can start. Good luck!

-Rochelle
pregwit6
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 01:55 AM

Just got pregnant

It didnt confuse me. Thank you so much Rochelle. Ill have to get back to you on how it works for me.
joanne
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 11:56 AM

Preggo in heels

Group: Big belly club
Member No.: 17

I used to use a beach ball filled with water but stopped doing so when one sprang a leak. I now use a tummy created from bags of bird seed. My tummy currently weighs 28lbs made from a number of 2lb bags. It takes a lot of holding in place. I start with a swimming costume, a Speedo one with straps across the back, followed by a body shaper and a large pantie girdle. I finish off with two maternity tummy supports. This gives me a very firm tummy held just in the right place.

This amount of weight is quite tiring to carry, my back begins to ache after about 30minutes and my knees hurt if I go up or down the stairs. Bending over is very difficult and putting on panty hose and shoes a real chore. But then I guess this is what a real pregnant mum experiences.

I'm not sure if I want to go any heavier but I would like to experience the weight gain of a multiples tummy, even if just for a short time.

Love Jo
Crewchick
Posted: Jan 18 2013, 10:01 PM

Will never move again

Member No.: 34

Hi Pregwit 6, I am Crewchick and have been off the board for a while just busy with life, but I have a free long weekend and decided to check back in share a post or two while I prep fro my own prego weekend. I love your question and just shared an update in the members section on some new props I found and started using. The post does speak to your question so I will past the relvant section of you don't mind.

I found 36" balloons and batting for making pillows and quilts. The 36" balloons are amazingly strechy and strong. I have filled with water with no problem. They seem to work better than punch balls which tend to sweat and leak more in my experience. My added affect now is stuffing the 36" balloon full of batting before filling with water. This gives the belly a little more form and heft. The water adds the weight and jiggle. I have done this to enhance my breasts as well for an over the top look. wink.gif I use the 12" balloons filled with batting and water. They feel very real. I am also experimenting with the 36" balloons filled with batting and water for my butt. Obviously I don't fill them as big as the belly, but since I sit on my butt I don't want the balloons to pop on me unexpectedly. I have also use the 12" balloons with batting and water to do a little hip enhancing. Again, not as big as a breast, just enough to add some curve and a little jiggle. The batting and water in the 36" and 12" balloons so far has worked great and the weight they add is incredible and realistic too. I then use the excess batting to fill in around the ballons once I have my foundation garments on. I also use it to enhance my arms and legs. When I am going for more of just a BBW affect, I have also taken the long thin balloons used for making balloon animals and other shapes and filled these with water. Because they are used to twist into shapes they are amazingly strechy, but you can not double them up like I like to do with the 12" balloons. I use these to create love handles and drapes of fat rolls on the sides and back. These you do have to be careful with because I have had them pop on me. Thankfully they have much less water than a punch ball or a 36" balloon. I still would love to find two full length body suits (like for post surgery - shoulder to ankle and sleeves if possible too) that are tan/flesh toned and then sew them together to create pockets to be able to insert the balloons and padding and fix them in place better. Has anyone else tried any of these ideas? Would love feedback on how they worked for you and any other things you were able to do with them. Heading into a glorious 4 day weekend and looking forward to be growing into a very pregnant BBW over these 4 days. wink.gif I tend to eat for two or more when I get like this, so I have to be careful or this long weekend could be a big set back for me getting ready for bikini season in the spring. laugh.gif Hope all of you can also find some time to dress up and preg out! smile.gif

Hope this was helpful, please contact me with any questions. I can never talk too much about eing pregnant. Good luck to you as you experiment and find what props work best for you in enhancing your pregnancy experience.

Toodles!
pregwit6
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 06:19 PM

Just got pregnant

Thank you Crewchick.
That sounds like an amazing way to do it. I will have to read the rest of the article. My only question is how do you get the batting into the balloons? Does it come in sheets or more of bits and pieces? And do you add some and then water and then more so the balloon stretches easier an you can add more?
Crewchick
Posted: Feb 23 2013, 09:59 PM

Will never move again

Pregwit, the batting comes in bail like bags and in rolls. The bags are just basically huge bed pillow size clumps. I like to double up the balloons and then just grab handfuls of batting and stuff it in dry. Obviously you can only fit as much in at one time as will fit through the neck. So it may take a little while to fill the balloons to the right size. The 36" I can fill with water in the tub as the open end will fit around that spout. The 12" ballons I must do in the sink. I am still trying to get the right batting to water ratio. I want enough water for weight and jiggle, but not too much that the batting is just floating aount inside the water filled ballon. Done right with enough well packed batting and the right amount of water inside two ballons, you cna have a belly and breasts that feel very real, will be sturdy and last a whole week of dressing pregnant. You can prestage a couple bellies of different sizes this way for use over a couple of days. I do tend to keep them in a bathtub of a bathroom I am not using just to be safe. Don't need the cat trying to make a bed on one and popping it with her claws. I only just began doing this method and have only had two or three times when I had the time to put that much prep into dressing up for a long weekend or better part of a week. I am already looking forward to the next time and looking for really cute outfits to buy that will fit when I am padded up.

The rolls of batting I find useful for padding arms and legs. Even when I am not going for the BBW look, the sheet batting wrapped around my thighs helps to add to the waddle affect. I am sure once you might get some you will find many more use for it to aid in your dress-up creativity.

Obviously with water you need to use good foundation/body shaping garments. I have used body suits and highwaisted body briefers together and seperatedly. I like to wear a light body suit before I begin padding so I don't have the rubber of the ballons right next to my skin. I also like to imagine the feel of that body suit on my real skin is the feel of the body suit I will pull on over my padding. I go back and fourth weather to do body suit first or briefer. Both ways have advantages and drawbacks depending on the look I am going for that day. I find both necessary though since the briefer supports from the bottom (and over time the weight of the water will want to pull them down to the point your belly is at your knees) and the body suit will transfer weight to the shoulder straps (but these alone will put big red marks in your shoulders and also stretchout unrealistically). Matternity or control top pantyhose can help as well in trying to keep everything all in place. I have found a lot of my stuff at target, Walmart, Sears and Macy's during a sale or online on e-bay. I have to be careful though because I could spend a fortune on clothing for dressing up if I wanted.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask anythign else that might help you. I would love to hear how your experiments go.

All the best,

Crewchick
pregwit6
Posted: Mar 2 2013, 04:56 PM

Just got pregnant

Thank you, that will help me out alot. I may finally have sometime after a long hiatus to dress up today. If i get time to before hand i may run out and see if i can find this batting. Ill let you know if i come up with any creative uses for it myself.

I could see where spending a fortune on clothing/support could be easily done tongue.gif . I need to start restocking up on it and get some basics.
Crewchick
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 10:05 PM

Will never move again

Some more ideas and hints from a post I just made in another thread. Hope it is helpful: The question was how much batting?

I am still experimenting with that. I have bought several (4-5) 50 oz. bags (maybe $5-$7 per bag I think at Walmart) at a time. The one time I tried this so far for the belly I used only one bag with the 36" balloon. I then added water and was trying to keep the belly fairly small and manageable. I am still experimenting with the ratio of batting to water inside the balloon; as well as the optimum size for the belly. Water obviously adds more stress to the balloon than air alone so as a general rule I try not to go beyond about half to 2/3 the fully inflated size of the balloon when using water to avoid any unexpected ruptures. I also try to double them up one inside the other to enhance the strength. To be extra safe this way I will take K-Y Jelly and use it to lube the inside of the outer balloon so they don't fuse together or rub in a way that might cause a rupture. I use K-Y because it is designed not to breakdown the rubber in condoms, something that hand creams and other lubricants might do to rubber balloons. If you are going to try it "dry" you shouldn't need to double up the balloons. You may wind up using four (4) or more 50 oz. bags of the batting, depending on how big and how dense you want the belly. I would love to hear how you do trying it dry.

I pad not only for pregnancy but also to look like a BBW and will mix the two doing weight gain and pregnancy together some times. So in a progression I may start with a small 1st trimester pregnant belly and over time and the progression of the pregnancy develop into a very "large and in charge" BBW momma to be. By the 9th month I am padding a good deal of my body. I will use the same batting and water idea in doubled-up 12" balloons for very enlarged (45-50") breasts. I will use the batting to pad around the belly, the hips and butt. To add a little more "jiggle" and "rolls" or "muffin top" I will get the long twistable balloons used for making balloon animals and fill 2-4 with water and drape around hips and back leading to my big belly up front. I will also buy sheet batting and use it to wrap around upper arms and legs to enhance them as well. The batting around the upper thighs really enhances the waddle. I am still experimenting on the best way to secure this extra batting in place. I have tried plastic wrap and also stuffing between two long leg body briefers. I think some type of post surgery full body compression suit might work to keep this all up and in, but they are pretty expensive. If the compression is too tight over all it might reduce the jiggle too much and the ability to "pinch an inch". Anatomical proportion and sculpting the padding are key to looking like a genuine BBW prego and not the Michelin Man. Another thing I am trying is buying inexpensive size 5 queen size panty hose and cutting them up to cover and wrap the various balloons. This reduces the friction on the balloon surface and chance of the balloons (such as the breasts) sticking together and then rupturing when pulled apart. It also adds flesh coloring to the balloons which I try to get in either ecru/clear, white or flat pink.

I know this process sounds like a lot of work. There is just something about feeling encased by something that has its own motion and weight. Kind of like a cocoon. It may be possible for me to make several of these types of bellies a day or two in advance in different sizes and keep them in a spare bathtub. Then I can just swap them out as I go through a progression over a couple of days. I have some time in July and August when I will be off from work and have no personal commitments. My goals is to experiment in July and hopefully have a blissful pregnant week in August all to myself. I will keep you posted on it as I further develop and refine this process. Hope this was helpful.

Toodles!!!

Crewchick
caroline
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 12:11 AM

Will never move again

Member No.: 68

Very instructive
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options