|· http://robinandstarfire.net · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to The Robin and Starfire Shrine. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 13 2004, 04:29 PM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 13-August 04
These are the rules of the site. They can change at any time, with or without notice.
Administrator - TheUltimateNewbie (Known as TUN on the boards)
Moderators - Darkwave, ryuu_writer, DiamondDustPixie, Aine, simultaneousjoy, allthatjazz, and tulleskirt.
Contact moderators for basic questions, and contact TUN for more important things or if you have a problem that one of the moderators can't help you with.
-We encourage good fellowship. This is pretty obvious. Respect other people's opinions, but don't hesitate to disagree with them if you can do it properly. Also respect the fact that other people might not agree with your opinions, so keep an open mind.
-Avoid making or replying with stupid/useless posts. This includes things like one sentence questions or an immature post with excessive smileys. (Don't post just for the sake of posting. This includes (but is not limited to) "me, too!" responses, posts consisting entirely of smileys, and non-sequiturs.)
-Don't double post. You can make separate posts if they are responding to a different person/idea. But having two consecutive posts that don't really address a person or an issue is not allowed. (If it's an accident, we'll be understanding, but if it becomes a habit, you will be punished.)
-Don't post in old topics. Anything over 2 weeks is off limits. (unless there's a very good reason.)
-Type in a proper manner. This includes spelling, grammar, and content of the post. I don't care what your excuse is, at least make the effort to convey that you're intelligent and that people should care about what you type. (At least attempt to use proper grammar and spelling, and to make relatively intelligent posts. Nothing is more annoying than someone who treats a forum like Instant Messenger, or their cell phone's text messaging service.)
-Don't go off topic so much. This isn't a chat room. You don't have to type out your entire conversation in your post after you can't figure what else to write. This is a message board. You post your thoughts, and people reply. That's how it works.
-When you ask something, don't act like you're stupid or you're sorry. It's annoying when you do that and post the smiley a bunch of times next to it. Be confident when you ask something.
-Don't ask for episode downloads.
These can always change with or without notice.
1) Religion of any kind. This includes discussion of religion, displays of religion, attempts at "spreading" religion, and attacking members because of their own personal religious beliefs. However, this shouldn't happen because religion shouldn't be brought up in the first place. So depending on the context of the situation, the person who attacked you may or may not be punished.
4) Gay marriage/adoption.
1) No excessive or useless spam.
2) No excessive swearing.
3) No porn/adult stuff (unless it's in the Adult Forum). I might allow it if it's not that bad. PM me for permission before posting it.
4) No thread crapping or hijacking.
5) No racism, bigotry, or any other types of ignorant comments.
6) Do not start, instigate, or participate in flame wars.
7) You cannot act in an abusive or hateful manner, nor harass, threaten, or attack anyone on this forum.
8) If you want to post something that might be inappropriate, clearly label the thread with a *WARNING* and link the material. If you are unsure, you can always ask a moderator or myself.
9) This forum is not responsible for anything read or posted here. You're responsible for yourself.
10) We reserve the right to deny membership to anyone without any reason or prior notice. Banning works the same way.
11) Keep your avatars and signatures reasonable. We don't need to see pictures that take up half the screen on our monitors. We reserve the right to censor or change your avatars and/or signatures at any time for any reason.
Punishments for breaking rules
2) Final warning
3) 2-5 day ban
4) 1 week ban
5) 1 month ban
6) Permanent ban
The warning system has a ranking bar that ranks you from 1 to 5. Obviously 5 is the most severe. In order to decrease your warn level, just go along your day as a normal person would. Sooner or later a mod will notice and decrease your warn level. If this doesn't happen, politely let a mod know and we will fix that.
The Report Button
I've seen a few people misuse the Report button. It's right next to the reply and quote button. The Report button is only supposed to be used when you see trouble or potential trouble and you think we should be notified of it. Not for any other reason. Abuse of the button will result in an immediate ban.
A few additional clauses
1) Punishments do not have to be followed in that order, and can vary in length.
2) If you post something that's just plain stupid or you act like an idiot, you will be banned.
3) The only supported pairing on this site is Robin and Starfire. So be prepared to receive negative feedback on any other pairings.
You can have reasonably sized links in signatures to other sites. However, do not make threads/posts for the advertising another site or shrine. If you think it's relevant, PM either TUN or one of the mods for approval.
From now on, the new policy is a maximum picture height of 200 pixels with text, or 225 with no text. You can have up to 3 pictures, but they have to be next to each other, and they can't stretch the borders. Along with the picture(s), you can have up to 4 lines of small text(use equivilent amount for big text) for 200 pixel pictures.This is effective 1/4/05. If we find a signature in offense, we will ask you to change it. However, if it's an egregious violation, we will simply delete the entire signature without notice.
If you're reported for sending chain letters to other members, you will be permanently banned. No exceptions.
Grow up please. There is no need for one last attempt at attention whoring before you "leave". If you do this, there won't be an opportunity to come back.
And always remember, contact a mod or the admin if there are any questions, comments, or problems. We're always happy to listen. Usually.
Thanks CM for the userbar!