Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Honeypot. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

History behind the song ‘If Time Comes’, April 22, 2009
BluMonkee
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 05:22 AM

Fung's honey ^^

Group: Supermod
Member No.: 16

Source: The Headlines
April 23, 2009 Hong Kong
Translated by: choccho@asianfanatics.net

History behind the song ‘If Time Comes’ by lyricist Cheung Mei Yin

Raymond Lam’s new song (If Time Comes) has made to the charts, allow me to share a brief history behind this song.

This is the fourth song that Tang Chi Wai and I have written for Fung.

Initially when I have submitted my first draft, the producer having read through the lyrics, hoped that I could refine the lyrics to make it better. At that moment, I was under pressure and also overwhelmed with fear of failing. (The same thing happened to me when we were working on “Moonlight Resonance” theme song).

Nevertheless, little did I realise that the more I wanted to make it better, the worst it turned out to be. I know this is an important song and I truly felt remorse. As time is running out on me and recording has to be completed, I proposed to use the original lyrics, because I personally like the original lyrics, and it was also a work that I put all my heart and effort into writing.

After recording, miracle prevails over my fears, overnight, I have a total change of perception about the song (from OK) to (BEING FOND OF). This is a breakthrough that I have never expected. Fung’s singing style deserves the credit. There are people who regard him as an actor, and do not accept him as a singer. But I believe that one should learn to look at things from different perspectives.

It is because of him being an actor, even though his voice is not perfect, the feelings he portrays when he sings unexplainably brings one into the song, he has a uniquely addictive voice. Cecilia Chung and Zhou Xun are good examples.

Because of this song, Chi Wai and I were very anxious about the outcome. And this is also the first time I heard Chi Wai was angry over some unreasonable comments on the internet about this song. There are people who critisized that they do not understand the meaning of the lyrics. However, there are also some netizens who defended me and interpreted the meaning of the song as [If you are an arrogant person and if you see that someone that you like ends up with someone who is better off than you, you will feel helpless, hurtful and regretful, just as the lyrics depicted……]

Reading these comments, my emotions overwhelmed me and it’s a blessing to know that there are actually people out there who understands you.

Here, I am grateful to Fung, even though he was extremely tired during the recording, he did an excellent job, and to Chi Wai’s unfailing support and trust, I hope we will have an unforgettable night at the Hong Kong Coliseum this summer.
Jaray39
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 08:01 AM

Bronze Bee

Group: Member
Member No.: 314

Yea..agree with her. Fung turned a rather ordinary song into something special
by the emotions he puts into his songs and by the emotions his singing evokes in the listener.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0711 seconds | Archive
LINK WITH US
8thdecember/Arron Yan Fansit/Ron Ng forum/Ron Ng Fan sitee/RFung HubTVB Today/chocofever