Skin Aphotic designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.
Roleplay Concepts

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to RP Concepts. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pseudo Science at it's finest, Explain the normally unexplainable
Skillkill
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:05 PM

Cynic extraordinaire, eggnog thief, and imma back for the fish.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 234

Here we explain the science behind our practices. Be it magic or technology, here's the place to discuss the underlying principles behind them...

Materials

Oriculum- In a dark ritual, hundreds are slaughtered at once to create an ounce of this unbreakable material, for every ten dozen souls. Said to have it's properties because of the soul's in ability to give in. Anyone caught with the material in possession is sentenced to death.

Mythril: The "mythical" metal, turned out to be useless outside of arms applications. It's very soft bordering on play dough quality defense, however it reacts violently to certain substances making an extremely effective bomb material.

Admant: A Green material which seems to be unbreakable, it's heavy weight limits it's implementation in armor. It has been mostly used in stationary defense platforms, electronics and specialized workers tools. However Steel and Iron were brought back into popular use in other construction as mythril will wreck anything made out of it.

This post has been edited by Skillkill on Mar 17 2009, 09:12 PM

--------------------
The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door
Panzermanathod
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:29 PM

The Pancreas of this forum

Group: Member
Member No.: 237

Some know I have 3 versions of my character Rachel. All are werewolves of some sort, but 2 are relevant to this.

There is a type of technology called "Shikaar", mainly used for turning organic material into energy stores or weapons, or both. Some would hesitate to call it "technology" due to the fact that it heavily involves magic.

First, there is the Shikaar jewel. There one version of Rachel that was affected and gained her werewolf form, as she was a werewolf that couldn't change into a werewolf until she was affected by the Shikaar jewel. It allowed her to go back and forth from her normal form to a werewolf, but the werewolf acted as a different personality. Basically, there's a reason she declares herself a schizo.

The other Rachel was human, and she was permanently turned into wolf like creature because the jewel was specifically made for a particular wolf like alien creature. This Rachel has more story behind her, and will be referred to, alone, by her other name, Crystal Wolfe.

In any case, any creature affected with a shikaar goes through a major physical change. The skeleton is replaced with a crystalline structure, and most of the organs are deconstructed into simple organic matter. The crystals act as an outlet for energy, as well as storing energy (both Rachel's can store kinetic energy). Although most organs are lost, the crystals and organic matter make up for the loss. In fact, Crystal's body becomes nearly half crystal by the time she becomes a commander for a, for lack of a better term, space police group.

Shikaar are kind of like cyborgs, except instead of metal and synthetic skin, it's crystals and organic matter, and there are many grades of Shikaar jewels (Crystal's pretty high, although at most given times she can only used up to 35% of maximum power due to the fact her shikaar jewel was made for a larger creature.)

--------------------
Yodle-eh-heee-WHO wants to be my protege?
Me, me too!
So parrot back it
I'm an underlined caret bracket
Greater than or equal to
But greater than four stars
Greater than straight-A report cards
Greater than poor-sports and divorce courts or sports bars
Skillkill
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:02 AM

Magic Vs Guns Vs Swords

In my world you're wondering the merits of swords in a world of guns....

Guns were the main form of combat until the Haecians came and introduced magic in the year 2287. After they warded off HYDROGEN bombs with their magical barriers and took shotguns to the head without flinching, the humans realized if they didn't find a way to defend themselves they were screwed.

The Federation was originally formed for the sole purpose of trying to progress forward to form a solid defense. While this proved pointless after the Haecians realized they were scaring them shitless and they weren't fighting for the sake of fighting, they still kept up weapon development and advanced in cybernetics and firearms technology however......

The Ascadians decided this was foolish and started releasing magic into it's order along with reinventing swordplay to combat the demons. Swords were ensured to help bypass the warrior's thick hide, and the holy magics often proved deadly to their kind.

However in converse the Haecians had guns and simply SHOT the mages to death.....only to be quickly impaled......by people who's head's were being blown off....

Creating the Hieharchy Guns>Spells>Blades>Guns

--------------------
SOS Mage
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 08:33 PM

Creativity is the ultimate power

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Skillkill @ Mar 24 2009, 07:02 AM)
Creating the Hieharchy Guns>Spells>Blade>Guns

lol, Rock, Papper, Scissors =P

--------------------
user posted image
Skillkill
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 06:11 AM

I SHOULD do mana first but mana's list isn't finished for me

Magic types

All things that exist conduct mana. When an person attempts to concentrate mana onto their person using this property, using their willpower, and a chant, power word or glyph to control the spellcaster's ability so they don't backfire,completely jettisoning their mana reserves killing the mages instantly.

Glyph magic: Often the fastest cast as unless you have a mana impairment, the spell goes as fast as you can draw it with your finger. The major drawbacks are that without security, casting can be interrupted without any effort by tossing a pebble in the path. Another problem lies in that if you can't draw well you can backfire easily, and it is neigh impossible for normal mages to preform the spells without harming themselves if they use it in close proximity. Principles of attack and defense spells have been incorporated in glyphs before but it takes extreme skill to preform them.

Chant magic: Obvious. Chant an incantation, say the spell name, get the result. The chant provides the most control over a spell and if you can read it you can cast it, however some spells require a sleight of hand instead of or alongside them. Powerwords are the advanced form of chant magic, where you preform the spell from the name, a quick slight of hand, or a combination. They tend to cost alot more though to bypass the security, and can often hit allies.

Objects engraved with glyph magic can become enchanted and songs with chant magic incorporated can become very powerful spells.

--------------------
TNT Colonel
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 02:11 AM

Detonation in 3... 2... 1...

Member No.: 225

It seems my story takes place in a very strange world indeed. Earth is entirely unrecognizable by the time it takes place, so yeah. For the sake of being better understood, I will be gradually updating this post with information regarding "my" world, in an effort to clear up/explain some of the more bizarre elements.

CODE
A. Physical changes to the world
1. Movement
a. Baja California Peninsula
b. Alaska
c. South America
d. Antarctica
e. Africa
2. Deletion
a. Japan
b. England
c. Iceland
d. Those-mini-ice-islands-north-of-Canada
e. Switzerland
f. Australia
g. The Vatican
h. Balkan Peninsula
i. Central America
j. Half of France
3. New locations
a. Sirian/Orbis Duo (2nd Moon)
b. Shi Space Station
c. New Andes Ridge
d. Atlantis
e. Nations3
f. Underground Domain
g. Desert of the Gray Sands
h. Ultima Destination
B. Of nations and populations
1. Humans
a. Sub-surface.
1. Ikitukcimija Republic
2. Ragdo Empire
3. Z'mro Kingdom
b. Above-surface
1. Cities of the Gray Desert
2. Reserve of Inferiors
3. Chahg Plateau
2. Non-humans
a. Hybrids
1. Cancerians
2. Leonides
3. u Hybrids
4. Cactus Hybrids
5. Other
6. Wilds
b. MK-528
C. Magic and technology
1. Magic
a. Classes/Elements
1. Fire
2. Water
3. Earth
4. Fire
5. Poison
6. Plutonia
7. Ice
8. Lightning
b. Alignments/Affiliations/Alliances
1. Normal
2. Light
3. Dark
4. Neutra
2. Technology
       a. Materials/Ores/Whatever
           1. Darksteel
           2. Cleariron
           3. Deoa
D. Events.
1. Pre D-Day
2. Pre M.H.E.
3. Pre Beginning

Here are links to some images to give everyone an idea of what the world looks like. Please note that this is very very old, and so, I will probably change stuff.

Map 1: Over the Atlantic Ocean
Map 2: Over Africa
Map 3: Over Australia
Map 4: Over Antarctica
Map 5: Over Greenland

This post has been edited by TNT Colonel on May 15 2009, 06:26 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Props to Preci/Anima for the Sig.
JOIN THE RAIKAGE ALLIANCE!
Skillkill
Posted: Apr 26 2009, 02:21 AM

Because Rez brought it up here's how Claude's time stop works.

Claude is able to strip the mana of all things for a brief moment allowing himself to move unimpeded while everything else grinds to a halt. To do this he reverses his mana flow and releases all of his bodily mana to swap it with the environmental mana. The mana from his own body provides mana to whatever Claude is interacting with such as the air he breathes, the roses he throws in stopped time or the clothes on his body. This mana reserve prevents the inevitable suicide by time stop and also changes the properties of materials, allowing Claude to move even faster than usual, removing air resistance, the and the traction of various materials. Most who can achieve this sort of exchange have an auto switch although those who received the ability through traumatic means do not have a natural limit leading to two possible scenarios. 1. The user expends their full capacity ranging from twelve to eighteen seconds causing their hearts to burst instantly when they resume normal activity or 2. They resist the pain of several deaths for a full minute and are trapped in their motionless realm forever as the area itself resumes it's pace. As it affects mana and not time, even gods are susceptible to the technique although it strains the user more than usual when they take in that much mana.

Rez if you want to debate it go ahead just use a reasonable argument here

This post has been edited by Skillkill on Apr 26 2009, 02:36 AM

--------------------
Solien-sama
Posted: May 8 2009, 02:39 AM

Member No.: 236

Transcended Humans - Special humans who are transformed by Solien into a new type of entity. They have to pass through a certain ritual first before becoming a transcended human.

--------------------
"There is no perfection. There is, however, excellence."

Personal opinion: If you have phenomenal cosmic powers but no finesse in presenting it, I find you boring.
TNT Colonel
Posted: May 9 2009, 08:29 PM

Detonation in 3... 2... 1...

Member No.: 225

Because people are thinking that it does not run on matter, I'll try my best to explain how Wynona's Bomb Generator (and the other matter-alterator-machines) work.

As you all know, the bomb generator is a hybrid apparatus that is embedded into Wynona's entire body, ranging from her feet to her head.
The "exhaust" ports, so to speak (where the bombs appear when generated) are located on her shins, the bottom of her feet (plants? soles?) , the palms of her hands, and her forearms.

I have already said that Wynona's Bomb Generator (BG from now on) is an alchemy device, which implies that it works with matter. But since people don't see rocks disappearing, or something, people are questioning if it truly works or not.

You see, it does work with matter. How so? Well, as far as I know, air (oxygen + nitrogen + tons of other gases and whatnot) is matter, even if it's invisible.

Unlike the exhaust ports, the BG has intake ports all over Wynona's body, which means that she can take in air from, say, behind her back, and transport it through the BG itself into any exhaust port she chooses. Even though she can use the exhaust ports to intake the air, doing so will result in all the things Skill mentioned about not having air to detonate and whatnot, so it is simply more convenient to intake the air from a more distant part of the body.

Keep in mind that this will also work with water, for example, and that under no circumstances is Wynona incapable of using solid matter as "fuel" for the alchemy device.

As for not having the proper elements to make a bomb, I'll concede: yes, average air does not contain heavy metals, sulfur, and the like, but that's precisely why it is an ALCHEMY device: it transforms matter at an atomic level. All of the ingredients for the bomb are created separately within her to ensure that she won't explode out of nowhere, and are only placed together once the desired bomb is materialized in the exhaust port of choice.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since it DOES run on matter, if Wynona were to theoretically be able to survive in an absolute void (no matter except for herself), the BG would not work unless she resorted to one of two extremes: making the BG run on itself ("chew" off part of the BG to convert it into a bomb) or making the BG run on herself ("chew" off part of her body, be it from the inside or the outside, to convert it into a bomb).

--------------------
user posted image
Props to Preci/Anima for the Sig.
JOIN THE RAIKAGE ALLIANCE!
SOS Mage
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 03:11 AM

Creativity is the ultimate power

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Levels of Existence

Existence is made up of two sides called planes, which are fundamentally connected to each other. As a matter of fact, planes occupy and overlap the same places in existence at the same time and thus are not really considered separate realms. Planes are basically the dual aspects of everything.

-Astral Plane: The side of existence which compose of the metaphysical aspects of existence, also known as the spiritual-mental plane, metaphysical plane or abstract plane. This includes abstract concepts and spirituality such as magic, tao and psi. Being the part of the transcendence of the physical, everything in the astral plane cannot directly interact with the physical plane without physical projections/manifestations and subtle manipulation of concepts that is tied to something physical. Projections/manifestations or conceptual manipulation into the physical plane will be subjected to little or no impositions to physical laws, essentially bypassing them. Projecting or manifesting into the physical plane requires spiritual means however.

Everything that exists has an astral side since they must be constructed of abstract concepts. Things like souls are additional astral representations for physical bodies that can potentially allow the entity to interact on both planes. Meanwhile, things like spirits and abstract entities reside primarily on the astral plane. in other words, entities and objects can exist astrally without a physical side and physical plane cannot exist without an astral side.

-Physical Plane: This side of existence composes all its physical aspects, also known as the concrete plane or reality. This includes energy, matter, space, time and all dimensions as well as quantum mechanics. Since the physical plane subordinates the astral plane, everything in thos plane cannot directly interact with the astral plane without being projected/manifested into as their metaphysical form. Also due to the physical subordinating the metaphysical, projections/manifestations into the astral plane are subjected to impositions of metaphysical rules.

Everything that exists on the physical plane are manifestations of complex constructions of countless abstract concepts from the astral plane. Tampering with a construct on a physical level can alter their abstract construction and vice versa. Since everything physical has an astral side to them, the physical plane relies on the astral plane in order to exist.

--------------------
user posted image
J.C.
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 04:29 AM

BaddaDibbiBanga

Member No.: 252

I know I already said it on Skype, but I might as well say it here: this is eerily similar to how I have souls work.

Just one more to add to the list of 'coincidental references that I apparently made'.

--------------------
user posted image
If you like the artwork, the original artist is Xous54. Check out his page, it's pretty sweet.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Original Character Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1910 seconds | Archive