Skin Aphotic designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.
Roleplay Concepts

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to RP Concepts. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hello I'm new here. Will I fit in?, Intro
Cecilia Armaclite
  Posted: Jul 6 2012, 05:45 AM

Unregistered

Hi guys.

I haven't been in any RP forums aside from Roleplayer Guild so I'm not sure how I'll fit in here. Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind another female companion among your group. I was searching Google for other RP spots and I thought I'd scope this one out and see what it's like.

I may be new here, but I am no stranger to the RP world. I am still a member of Roleplayer Guild. My screen name there is Armaclite since I couldn't use Cecilia due to length of name restrictions. I don't know how you guys do things here, but I'm pretty sure I'll figure it all rather easily. I am what you would call a casual to borderline advanced RPer. I usually stick with Casual since I don't like typing two full pages for every post LOL. I am also a GM, meaning I make my own RPs from scratch. First I start with an interest check to see if anyone likes the idea or what changes or adaptations can be made before I make it more enticing using an OOC post to give it some flavor before I launch the actual IC.

A little about myself. I like anime especially ones with brave heroines like Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail, Morte from Sands of Destruction and Ayano Kannagi from Kaze no Stigma. My favorite color is a toss up between red and black. Not sure if you're familiar with the second or third one, but I'm pretty sure you have heard of the first. I enjoy playing games. My preference varies from Japanese RPGs to Indie RPGs. I guess you could call me a geek about what music I listen to since a lot of it is anime/video game soundtracks.

So, how do you all do? I sure hope I won't be a burden to any of you? Hope I didn't make a mistake by choosing this forum. Hope to make some more friends, share my intelligence with GMing and lastly hope to have fun here. I am a little shy so bear with me, please.
Skillkill
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 05:54 AM

Cynic extraordinaire, eggnog thief, and imma back for the fish.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 234

Been a while since we've had much new blood honestly hope things work out for you here. Out of curiosity how'd you find the place?

As for typing two pages a post and what not we'll see what to do but we've got a planning section for stuff like that so you'll probably be pretty satisfied with that.

Good to know then.

Whelp, someone ended up approving you so, nobody should mind really hope you enjoy hanging out here and bug Ampchu(SOS Mage if you're not sure who) tommorow if you need anything.

--------------------
The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door
J.C.
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:05 AM

BaddaDibbiBanga

Group: Member
Member No.: 252

Nice to meet you. I don't post much on the forum, but I've been trying to improve on that, so hopefully we'll see each other around.

Also, out of curiosity, what kind of video game soundtracks?

--------------------
user posted image
If you like the artwork, the original artist is Xous54. Check out his page, it's pretty sweet.
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:06 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Skillkill @ Jul 6 2012, 05:54 AM)
Been a while since we've had much new blood honestly hope things work out for you here. Out of curiosity how'd you find the place?

As for typing two pages a post and what not we'll see what to do but we've got a planning section for stuff like that so you'll probably be pretty satisfied with that.

Good to know then.

Whelp, someone ended up approving you so, nobody should mind really hope you enjoy hanging out here and bug Ampchu(SOS Mage if you're not sure who) tommorow if you need anything.

Thank you. I've never really posted in any RP forum outside Roleplayer Guild where all my friends are. None of them are online at the moment so I thought I'd look elsewhere for awhile.

I'll check out the planning section then since I like to actually construct and formulate the RP from scratch building it up from the bottom to the top.

I'll be sure to do that and thank you again for your assistance. It was much appreciated and I hope I have fun here like I do my other home. It's kind of like a home away from home now.

I'll work on some ideas tonight and see what I can come up with.

Also, if I might ask? Any problem with me putting bold on dialogue and placing italics around thoughts? Thought I might ask, but I've grown accustomed to that kind of style. It makes it easier to read longer posts that can range from a paragraph to an entire page.
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:13 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (J.C. @ Jul 6 2012, 06:05 AM)
Nice to meet you. I don't post much on the forum, but I've been trying to improve on that, so hopefully we'll see each other around.

Also, out of curiosity, what kind of video game soundtracks?

Well, they vary. I like the Lunar soundtracks a lot. Xenogears is another one I love, especially the ending theme. I've really gotten into Persona 3 for PSP and Persona 4's soundtracks. Love the ending themes on both especially Persona 3s. The original Persona 3 OP I prefer over the newer rewritten version. I love Tales of Graces OP. Have yet to try out the F version which I'll be getting in August. Yay me! There are so many others to name so I'll leave it as that. Valkyrie Profile is another soundtrack I love. The Ar Tonelico series have a lot of beautiful sounding soundtracks especially the Hymnos which can be related to classical opera.

How about you?

This post has been edited by Cecilia Armaclite on Jul 6 2012, 06:14 AM
Skillkill
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:29 AM

Fair enough, we'll have to see where things go really though you should probably read the rules in the various sections for the heck of it. Not many of the rules are written in stone or needed to be known on a quotable basis but they're good to know anyway. As for the bold thing I don't really think anyone would mind it, I do stuff like that here and there but the main point to keep to is consistency

I actually recommend you avoid getting Graces F if you can. I imported it a year or so back and I can say it doesn't really stand up to what it's trying to imitate really.

Beyond that we'll probably have to see, still it's nice seeing a new face again.

--------------------
Darkflare
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:32 AM

Dedicated Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 238

Well, we generally keep our posts short to be honest. A quick description of their action and what they say. Better than two paragraph long posts for the simple fact that while two paragraph posts are descriptive and you do multiple actions at once, it kinda forced the others to assume to take into account your multiple actions even if they would have done something else in between them.

Italics are often used for thoughts but we don't really use bold. Quotation marks will suffice for dialogue.

And please try not to double post, use the edit button, k thnx.
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:36 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Skillkill @ Jul 6 2012, 06:29 AM)
Fair enough, we'll have to see where things go really though you should probably read the rules in the various sections for the heck of it. Not many of the rules are written in stone or needed to be known on a quotable basis but they're good to know anyway. As for the bold thing I don't really think anyone would mind it, I do stuff like that here and there but the main point to keep to is consistency

I actually recommend you avoid getting Graces F if you can. I imported it a year or so back and I can say it doesn't really stand up to what it's trying to imitate really.

Beyond that we'll probably have to see, still it's nice seeing a new face again.

Ugh, damn Javascript locked up and I had to restart my page.

Yeah, I'll be sure to read the rules while I'm at it too. Thank you so much for your help.

I'll keep that in mind. I may go with Valkyria Chronicles then. I don't really like the CP replacing the TP. I saw that while watching a few of the walkthroughs to see what the game is like.

I've been told Xillia is a lot better, but only Japan carries it from what I know. What's your stand on Tales of Xillia?

Will do DF. The moderators and admins at RPG hate it when people do that too and I haven't been known to double-post there very often. Only got an infraction there once and it was for flaming MDK over religion. Personally, a stupid argument since religion threads will easily get someone in trouble, because they've been known to be full of trolls.

This post has been edited by Cecilia Armaclite on Jul 6 2012, 06:40 AM
J.C.
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:38 AM

BaddaDibbiBanga

I like wayyyyyyyyyy too many video game soundtracks, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many kinds of music. It'd take forever for me to sit down and name all of the different SERIES I like, let alone separate albums.

I will say that, as far as series I legitimately like, I like P3 and P4 too. Though, I like almost every song that isn't a dungeon theme or Deep Breath Deep Breath. Or EVERY DAY'S GREAT AT YOUR JEW NESS~.

--------------------
user posted image
If you like the artwork, the original artist is Xous54. Check out his page, it's pretty sweet.
Skillkill
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Cecilia Armaclite @ Jul 6 2012, 02:36 AM)

Yeah, I'll be sure to read the rules while I'm at it too. Thank you so much for your help.

I'll keep that in mind. I may go with Valkyria Chronicles then. I don't really like the CP replacing the TP. I saw that while watching a few of the walkthroughs to see what the game is like.

I've been told Xillia is a lot better, but only Japan carries it from what I know. What's your stand on Tales of Xillia?

Forums have a tendency to act wonky here and there, it's never anything too broken though.

CC thing isn't too bad until mid-game where it starts to become a problem of attack frequency and well....nothing staggers or stays staggered in a meaningful way anymore. I never imported Xillia, once bitten twice shy, especially with how damn expensive it is to do so. So when I got the chance to import again recently I got Gundam VS Gundam Extreme which was much more up my alley even if it really wasn't anything like the Tales series...I'd recommend just getting one of the PS2 games if you can.

--------------------
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:46 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Skillkill @ Jul 6 2012, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE (Cecilia Armaclite @ Jul 6 2012, 02:36 AM)

Forums have a tendency to act wonky here and there, it's never anything too broken though.

CC thing isn't too bad until mid-game where it starts to become a problem of attack frequency and well....nothing staggers or stays staggered in a meaningful way anymore. I never imported Xillia, once bitten twice shy, especially with how damn expensive it is to do so. So when I got the chance to import again recently I got Gundam VS Gundam Extreme which was much more up my alley even if it really wasn't anything like the Tales series...I'd recommend just getting one of the PS2 games if you can.

Well, my husband has an XBox 360 and I was thinking about getting Tales of Vesperia, but I've heard so many bad things about it. I've heard the one on 360 is just some beta that they threw out there. Any truth to this?

I guess I'll stick to Tales of the Abyss, the older ones like Tales of Symphonia Gamecube and so on.

To JC: I know what you mean. I have so many favorite soundtracks anime/video game that it's hard to count.

This post has been edited by Cecilia Armaclite on Jul 6 2012, 06:48 AM
Skillkill
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:53 AM

I was going to recommend it but I wasn't sure if you had a 360 honestly. In terms of completion it's debatable. It's a complete game and it has no major bugs from start to finish that stop you from enjoying it, but two characters weren't completed in time for release and minor plot-holes arise from it. If you played through it without knowledge of what you're missing you'd probably never guess it until near the very end of your first play through, where what little cut content is most visible. In terms of game play it's very close to Tales of the Abyss but it's a lot more combo intensive later into the game so it's all preference really...

--------------------
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 07:00 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Skillkill @ Jul 6 2012, 06:53 AM)
I was going to recommend it but I wasn't sure if you had a 360 honestly. In terms of completion it's debatable. It's a complete game and it has no major bugs from start to finish that stop you from enjoying it, but two characters weren't completed in time for release and minor plot-holes arise from it. If you played through it without knowledge of what you're missing you'd probably never guess it until near the very end of your first play through, where what little cut content is most visible. In terms of game play it's very close to Tales of the Abyss but it's a lot more combo intensive later into the game so it's all preference really...

Well my husband is in the Air Force so he plays games like Call of Duty, HALO, Fallout, ect. so he owns an XBox 360. I, on the other hand, own just a PS3 and a Wii.

I'll have to get it so both me and him can play it. I just wanted to get a second opinion about it was all, but haven't had time with all the stuff that's been piling up on me.

Thank you for the referral. I appreciate it, really. I'll see if I can find it. My best bet is probably Ebay.

Want to look into the Vita and see if it's any different than the PSP.

This post has been edited by Cecilia Armaclite on Jul 6 2012, 07:01 AM
J.C.
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 12:32 PM

BaddaDibbiBanga

Vita's better, for the large part. I don't own one, but from my understanding of the system that seems to be the case. However, if I recall correctly it had limited backwards capabilities, so...

Then again I'm probably outdated now anyways <_>

--------------------
user posted image
Darkflare
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 06:46 PM

Dedicated Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 238

Well, the Vita is supposed to be the next version of the PSP, so of course it's better than the PSP.

But, probably because I haven't been paying much attention to it, I haven't heard of any good games for it that don't have a console version already. Seems the 3DS is the better portable system now.
Cecilia Armaclite
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 07:17 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Darkflare @ Jul 6 2012, 06:46 PM)
Well, the Vita is supposed to be the next version of the PSP, so of course it's better than the PSP.

But, probably because I haven't been paying much attention to it, I haven't heard of any good games for it that don't have a console version already. Seems the 3DS is the better portable system now.

Ah, I'll have to keep that in mind and thank you for your input DF and J.C. I might have to get one then. Only bought the 3DS so I could use Netflix on it LOL.

Much obliged.
SOS Mage
Posted: Jul 7 2012, 12:41 AM

Creativity is the ultimate power

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Greetings, welcome to the board Cecilia. I hope you enjoy your stay and find more things to your liking as you explore it. If you have any questions concerning things of this board or roleplaying in general, you can ask away. This place should be relatively comfortable to your preference.

Apologies for my late response, real life stuff gets in my way a lot.

--------------------
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Intro-Outro | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2219 seconds | Archive