InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to thinkPotter.org Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (17) « First ... 15 16 [17]  ( Go to first unread post )

Horcrux Hunt, The Trio's Biggest Challenge Yet
HermioneRULEZ!
Posted: May 12 2007, 11:42 PM

Different and Proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

All right. At last. After more or less a year. The. Final. Chapter. In. All. It's. Epilogue-esque. Glory. The. Hunt. Is. Over. After. This. Message. From. Our. Sponsor: HERMIONE GRANGER!

Epilogue

So that’s it. That’s the story. I’m the one who wrote this down because Harry thought it was pointless, and Ron, well, you can’t do anything with him as far as writing is concerned. But I don’t want people to forget. I don’t know if I’m going to publish this or not, I know Harry wouldn’t like it if I did. The thing is, people are already forgetting. And that scares me.

It’s been a year since that day. Harry took a while to recover in the hospital, so long that he’s often be chastised for over exerting himself when he’d get bored and decide to look for secret passages in the hospital, or harass Gilderoy Lockhart. But recover he did, except that no matter what was done to fix it, his right hand is still…charred looking. They don’t think it will ever work properly again either. Harry thinks it’s a small price to pay, and even boasts that his hand is a tribute to Dumbledore.

The three of us do live together in a house now, with Ginny. Harry can get anything he wants for free now, and so can his friends. He always trys to insist on paying, but people are unmovable. Ron, as a contrast, takes advantage of this opportunity with much delight, and whenever we go anywhere will scream “HELLO! WE ARE WITH HARRY POTTER HERE! THE WIZARD WHO SAVED YOU ALL FROM DESTRUCTION! GIVE US FREE STUFF!” At which point Harry will kick him, then Ron will kick him back and I’ll scream at them both to stop it before I curse them into nothingness, and that’s why Ginny doesn’t like going out with us in public.

But anyway, unfortunately there is a tally of missing and dead people to go over. Harry’s ex-girlfriend, Cho Chang along with her friend Marietta Edgecomb, was killed when the Death Eaters raided Hogwarts and so was Professor Vector, my beloved Arithmacy teacher. There were two other casualties as well, a first year I had never gotten the chance to meet, Ellis Cranwell and a third year called Euan Abercrombie. Elphias Doge and Strugis Podmore are Order Members who were killed in the final battle too, rest their souls. Draco Malfoy has been missing in action ever since that day. I can’t say if he’s dead or not, but I’d wager the latter. I guess he just wanted to escape. And of course, countless others I did not know personally were killed, all around the world. A few were found though, for example, Mr. Ollivander, who had gone into hiding in Madame Malkin’s house after escaping from the Death Eaters who attacked his wand shop. He’s perfectly fine, crazy as ever, and creepily enough has a “thing” with Madame Malkin.

We recently did our make-up N.E.W.T.’s for seventh year, along with others. We all did very well (I got an E in Arithmacy because I go distracted missing Professor Vector, but what can you do?), thanks to the study sessions I set up of course. Ginny will be resuming her sixth year as soon as Hogwarts opens back up again, which should be soon.

We’ll be applying for jobs soon. Ron and Harry are still considering being Aurors, and if they do it I suppose I’ll go with them, but I’m not sure. I would very much like to set up a House Elf Liaison department in the Ministry, though Ron keeps reminding me not to scare them too badly. Harry said something about the Muggle Civil Rights movement, which on further questioning he remembers absolutely nothing about, but that’s fine.

The point is that change needs to happen. The real reason I’m writing this is I look out the window, I see people celebrating Voldemort’s downfall, but they don’t seem to remember what caused all this ugliness in the first place. They don’t really know how much sweat, blood, death and tears went into ending it, even though they were right there. They don’t seem to remember that they didn’t believe Harry at first, they don’t reflect on how fickle they were. They laud Harry as a hero, but they don’t understand who he truly is. They seemed to think he defeated Voldemort because he was magical and special. Well, he is very special. Not because he’s ungodly powerful, not because he’s the mightiest warrior on earth, not because he’s brilliant or anything. What makes him who he is…is he has something most people don’t. He’s special because he’s just a regular person, only he refused to give in, to give up. What makes him special is he puts other people before himself and weathers things people would go mad over. What made him in the end was he was able to look at things…and not get involved in petty differences in blood or heritage or how you grew up- and being able to distinguish the lies from the truth, and not believing in the hate people spew.

People need to learn from that. But they don’t seem to be. They’re making the same mistakes over again…still thinking Muggles are stupid because they can’t make things hover with their minds, still hating anything that’s different. And worst of all, they’re forgetting. Forgetting like they did after the first time Voldemort was defeated. Thinking they’re safe. Forgetting the dead, the terror, the miracles, the way our government showed how corrupt it was. Making the same mistakes over and over again.

I fear if we don’t change, another Voldemort is going to be created. Voldemort was an embodiment of the hatred and madness of humanity. The way we’re going, there will always me another Voldemort.

We just have to hope there will always be another Harry Potter.

So maybe I will put this out there, as one last battle. Maybe it will open somebody’s eyes. My mother (my parents and I visit each other often now and are trying to work out our “issues”. In fact, we go there so often Crookshanks managed to reproduce with the lady cat who lives next door to them) says the pen is mightier than the sword. Harry points out that this is not true, citing second year. Ginny argues that was a Basilisk fang, not a sword. But whatever is mightier, I’ll give this a shot. If there’s anything I believe in, it’s the power of books.

My name is Hermione Granger.

All I want is one thing.

I want you to remember.

She relaxed her mind and watched the quill drop to the table.

“You’re finally done with that?” Harry said across the room, where he was watching Ginny doing the Daily Prophet crossword puzzle.

“Yes,” Hermione said. “Our harrowing journey all laid out. Is it okay if I publish it?”

“That depends, did you call me any names in it?” said Ron, who was on the couch beside her, playing with her hair.

“Nothing you didn’t deserve,” Hermione said, flicking him on the nose.

“All right, then.”

“I don’t care,” said Harry, as he started tickling the back of Ginny’s neck until she giggled and swatted him.

“I’m dedicating it to Luna,” Hermione said decisively. “What should I call it?”

The Adventures of Ron Weasley and His Friends…But Mostly Ron Weasley!
” Ron said dramatically.

“No.”

“How I Spent My Summer Vacation?” “The Handbook To Defeating Dark Lords?” “The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook?”

“Ginny’s Quest to Stop Harry From Doing Idiotic Things?”
Ginny suggested.

“Now you’re just being too silly…”

The Power of Love and It’s Practical Applications? Harry waved his mutilated hand.

“Ooh! Ooooh! I’ve got it!” Ron said excitedly. “ Soul Searching!

Honestly…

FIN

"In the end...I guess....there really is no end. Just new beginnings." -Raven, The End Part Three, Teen Titans

ernaehrung004.gif party-smiley-017.gif party-smiley-020.gif smiliegenerator_test.png chores041.gif HPsmile.jpg costumed-smiley-043.gif

cry.gif

And it is over. It is. Once again, I'd like to thank you awesome people for your support through out this long, long journey. This would have never happened it not for you, my TP brothers and sisters. Just like I owe this site for helping me stay sane when I was a little HR, I owe you all for helping me write this ridiculously long fanfic. I want everyone to know though my presence hasn't been freuqent as of late, I'll always be around and sound back to you all. Because you guys rock, and we're friends forever.

Peace, Love and Hermioneness, and BRING ON BOOK SEVEN!

And Jem, awesome idea. Mind if I make a few modifications to it? I don't think they have plants in the Entrance Hall, but your Devils Snare idea rocks! I'll insert it (crediting you of course) with your go ahead.

*whew* Over. Wow.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/saveteentitans

Want Harry Potter/Teen Titans/Kim Possible/...other stuff avatars? Here

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"- HBP

mercurystar
Posted: May 13 2007, 01:43 AM

Seventh Year
Group Icon

Group: Astronomy Professor
Member No.: 16

Yay! I really enjoyed that, HR. Huge Congrats from me. smile.gif One day, when I've got the time, I'll have to read through the whole thing at once.

Very insightful epilogue, btw. Once again, it makes me forget how young you are. Great job!

--------------------
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
--Carl Sagan
jemlibris
Posted: May 13 2007, 09:42 PM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts Librarian
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (mercurystar @ May 13 2007, 11:43 AM)
Yay! I really enjoyed that, HR. Huge Congrats from me. smile.gif One day, when I've got the time, I'll have to read through the whole thing at once.

Very insightful epilogue, btw. Once again, it makes me forget how young you are. Great job!

Yes, that was good, and I agree with Mercurystar as above. It is wonderful to see that you finished, and I loved the epilogue. And you also finished at the right time, too. There is just two months to the release of Deathly Hallows now. Could you please check in the R of R as there is a poll there about what we want for 21st July?

QUOTE (HermioneRULEZ!)
And Jem, awesome idea. Mind if I make a few modifications to it? I don't think they have plants in the Entrance Hall, but your Devils Snare idea rocks! I'll insert it (crediting you of course) with your go ahead.

No problem. Maybe they don't have plants in the entrance hall, but then you never know. winky.gif Lots of people do.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
HermioneRULEZ!
Posted: May 19 2007, 02:58 AM

Different and Proud

Thanks both you guys so much! You rock! grin.gif Okay, I changed Neville's scene to Jem's Idea. Here are the parts I changed:

Neville sighed. “No. I’m not.”

Then he raised his wand. “Reducto!”

Bellatrix’s laugh died suddenly as the burst of light hit her. She was knocked directly into the table with all the plants Neville had been examining earlier, one in particular. The pot cracked and out popped the squirming green vines, which wrapped around the screaming death eater effortlessly and efficiently. They bound themselves around her arms and legs and shoulders, and finally wound around her neck, squeezing like a noose. She began to choke, until finally with a last gasp, she slid to the floor dead and the Devil's Snare retreated.

“Wow. Thank you,” Hermione stared at her friend. Neville went over the table and picked up a card that had been resting beside the now cracked pot of Devil's Snare. It was in Professor Sprout's handwriting and read "In Case of Emergency."

"I remembered her taking precautions earlier this year," Neville said.

He stared down at Bellatrix's blank face with an expression to match. Hermione couldn't help but feel a little sick as she remembered Broderick Bode.

“It’s odd,” Neville sighed. “I don’t feel any better. I thought I would.”

--------------------

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"- HBP

jemlibris
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 10:32 PM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts Librarian
Member No.: 19

I should have responded earlier, but RL part of problem. Thanks for changing that bit, I feel complimented. smile.gif

Meanwhile here is a link to something which shows you were on the right track in Horcrux Hunt.

(Cover art for Scholastic deluxe ed)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Godric
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 05:33 PM

Happy 250th Birthday!
Group Icon

Group: Still in Detention
Member No.: 24

Finally getting around to this. I refused to read any Year 7 Fanfic until I'd finished DH, in case it gave something away, but now I can dig in. Chapter 4 is particularly accomplished, by the way, HR, well done indeed!

--------------------
You're entitled to your opinion.
I'm entitled to my informed conclusion.
HermioneRULEZ!
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 10:41 PM

Different and Proud

Oh, thanks Godric! I'm flattered you're reading and whatnot.Reading book 7 was so weird after writing this! I found the wedding thing in DH so painfully amusing because JK did it so much better...of course! That's why I love her. The thing with Hermione's parents sent me in fangirl squeeing zone, finally an explanation on Hermione's parents after I'd been obsessed with it so long! And totally what Hermione would do! So much love.

Eh heh, where was I? Oh yes, I hope you enjoy it even though it's outdated now. I certainly had a time writing it. *memories*

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (17) « First ... 15 16 [17] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3453 seconds | Archive