Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to thinkPotter.org Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Fundamentalist Discussion Of Cos, what is she SMOKING?
jemlibris
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 11:58 AM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts Librarian
Member No.: 19

Yes, the Nearly Headless Dick, owned by someone insubstantiate. That's almost ideal -- how much trouble with sins of the flesh can you get into with that? Interesting, too, that it's easy to mishear a "D" for an "N" (Dick/Nick), since they are essentially the same sound except that the N is partially closed and the D is fully closed -- if you have some reason to already. The lady is almost unbelievably dirty-minded. The nude ankle is another example -- if Lucius is a good angel, then Harry flashing him a nude ankle to show where the sock came from is easy to interpret as Harry coming on to Lucius sexually as a repulsive act of derision, having beaten him and freed Dobby. So then Lucius understandably escalates into an avenging angel and tries to curse Harry to death, but is thwarted by the same stem-cell-miscreant Dobby . . .

Just as well she hasn't latched onto last week's real life news of Voldemort and the Qantas Air Hostess. laugh.gif

Siriusly though, in Tuesday's edition of The Australian, someone called for the banning of all Ralph Fiennes films from Qantas in-flight entertainment, in reprisal for his antics with the unfortunate stewardess. Presumably that means Goblet of Fire and the forthcoming Order of the Phoenix.

I love this comment: 'She did the mile high mambo with Lord Voldemort!' The fundamentalist lady would be so envious. devil-smiley-029.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
athenamay3410
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 03:50 PM

Fool on the Hill

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

Haha that was so much fun to read. I think the "hidden gay agenda" part was my favourite.

Or perhaps that Ginny wept because she will now face a life much worse than death...

What I find most interesting is she has overlooked in Voldemort that whole pure-race, torture and mass-murdererer thing.

I almost want to say that perhaps she might also do a reverse reading on the Holocaust... but I won't go there.

And "Nearly Headless Dick" just about made my day. Did she misread the "N" too?

--------------------
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" - Strawberry Fields Forever (The Beatles)

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream" - Gift Shop (The Tragically Hip)

I said "Lily, oh Lily I'm so afraid I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness"
And she said "Child take what I say with a pinch of salt and protect yourself with fire"
aramantha
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 07:34 PM

chironsdaughter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (jemlibris @ Feb 21 2007, 11:58 AM)

Siriusly though, in Tuesday's edition of The Australian, someone called for the banning of all Ralph Fiennes films from Qantas in-flight entertainment, in reprisal for his antics with the unfortunate stewardess. Presumably that means Goblet of Fire and the forthcoming Order of the Phoenix.

The redeeming factor in all of that is that Voldemort is fictional, but Ralph Fiennes is real, bless him. If Qantas wants to ban Harry Potter 4 and 5 because of this, as Alice once told the high court they're nothing but a pack of cards.

--------------------
Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.
Anton Ego
jemlibris
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 08:09 PM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

I doubt Qantas would take much notice of what people say about films on board though. This is the airline which screened the Rain Man after all, which featured an autistic character with a fear of flying. The choice of films that was available, last January included The Twin Towers, An inconvenient truth (which I watched) and Brokeback Mountain. The children's and classics offerings I'd either seen before or didn' t appeal. I don't remember seeing the March of the Penguins, but that was a Christmas present anyway.

I guess this woman wants the Harry Potter books and films banned altogether, but even if they were, she would have to put up with other just as controversial films being readily available.

--------------------
aramantha
Posted: Feb 24 2007, 10:17 PM

chironsdaughter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Good God -- I hope they didn't fire the poor flight attendant? angry.gif

--------------------
Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.
Anton Ego
jemlibris
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 05:32 AM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

QUOTE (aramantha @ Feb 25 2007, 08:17 AM)
Good God -- I hope they didn't fire the poor flight attendant? angry.gif

Yes, they did. That was why there was such a fuss about the incident.

--------------------
Cat_on_my_head
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 03:17 AM

Seventh Year
Group Icon

Group: Potions Mistress
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (athenamay3410 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:50 AM)
What I find most interesting is she has overlooked in Voldemort that whole pure-race, torture and mass-murdererer thing.

Unfortunately, the really scary thing is that she probably didn't. unsure.gif

Wow, I had never seen this before. I really am not sure what to say other than, um, what an extremely inventive lady.

--------------------
"I took your purse and felt a connection." -Best of Craigslist
jemlibris
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 09:56 PM

Bibliomancer
Group Icon

I am recovering from a very nasty bout of sinusitis, but am still confined to quarters until Wednesday. For something to read in the doctor's surgery I happened to get a copy of The Australian (March 2nd), which is also online.

The Australian has this column called Cut and Paste in which they bring to people's inspection the wackier and more objectionable news items they find both locally and overseas. That is for the information of readers who want to know what the fuss is about.

I can't believe I read in this long standing broadsheet newspaper, the little gem below. The very short article was headed:

Harry Potter and the Ziono-Hollywood cultural crusade.

The subtitle and the article says as follows:

A documentary of Iranian news channel IRINN uncovers the alarming truth about the Hogwarts' Jewish conspiracy.

VOICEOVER: THE early 1990s brought a revolution in the use of digital technology to the world of cinema helping the propaganda machine of the 21st-century Samaritans adopt useful tools for witchcraft and brainwashing. Now more than ever this tool is used to spread the dark and evil essence of Zionism and its goals. The creation of new stories based on mythical themes related to witchcraft and devil worship has always been used as a tool by contemporary Zionists and it is being used now more visibly than ever targeting innocent children and youth.

Ali Ashghar Sa'adati, Iranian expert on religious cinema: The Zionists are trying to convince the viewers that because there is no easy way to distance yourself from withcraft, Satan and the like, it is better to join us. I call this a cultural crusader war: a crusade in which the cultural aspect is currently stronger than the military aspect. Their military expedition is currently in Afghanistan and Iraq while their cultural expedition consists of these films and DVDs.

Sa'id Mostaghasi, Iranian film critic: The Zionists support Harry Potter because he is the promised Messiah. He has the same traits and wants to defeat a dark force, which in this film is depicted as Voldemort.

I expect this is the Iranian idea of a good advertisement for the forthcoming Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince movie. Either that or its a joke.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2193 seconds | Archive