TCOSRULESJust a few ground rules here to make sure no one gets butthurt. If you don't follow the rules, you will get slapped on the back of the hand and wear the dunce cap for a while. If you break the rules again, I'll break your face. And by break your face, I mean ban or suspend you.POSTING ETIQUETTE
- As my husband says: "Don't start shit, won't be shit!" Meaning, be nice, and we'll be nice too.
- No telling another member not to make a costume because you want to make it first, either explicitly or implicitly (i.e. passive-aggressively). That's just downright rude: these are not your characters, and anyone has the right to make whatever costume they want. You are, however, allowed to inform another member that you intend on making the same costume as them, but what they do with that information is their choice.
- Self-promotion without contribution to the community and deliberately avoiding discussion about cosplay will be considered spam. You will be warned if I notice this trend in your posting habits. Failure to comply will result in banning. (If you would like to pimp something of yours, like a project or a website, without becoming an active member, shoot me a PM about it. I might be willing to hook you up.)
- Please take your discussion of illegal activities elsewhere. Unless it's in jest, of course. (Be glad your admin has a sense of humor.)
- Do not post anything that could be considered NSFW. If you're not sure, err on the side of caution because you could get in trouble for it.
- I know a lot of other forums get all up in arms over necroposting, but we don't. In fact, I think it's better to necropost instead of starting a new topic on something, but that's just me. However, only post in old threads if you have something to contribute-- none of this "Cool" or "I gotta try that" kinds of things. Of course, work logs are always exceptions to the rule.
- Please try to avoid exchanging costume and technique-related information exclusively over PM. It's not particularly fair to others who post all their trade secrets for everyone to learn from, and it goes against our pro-learning and open information policy here at TCos.
- No huge signatures, please! You can put whatever you want in them so long as they don't take up more than 700x300 pixels worth of space and abide by the rest of the rules. If I don't like it, I'll ask you to remove/change it.
- Please no doubleposting/bumping threads. Make use of the edit button, and if you want to reply to more than one person, do it in a single post. Note: This rule doesn't apply to work logs.
For more info on how to reply to multiple people in a single post, look at this guide.
- When you first join, you will be categorized as a Pending Recruit, and will remain as such for your first 3 posts to prevent spamming and fraudulent accounts. While not necessary, I would like for you to use these posts in your Introduction thread.
- Do not register multiple accounts.
- Do not beg for Senior Member status. Seniority is determined by your maturity, contribution to the forum, and if I feel like I know you or not. (If I've hung out with you IRL, you'll probably get it.)
CHAT BOX ETIQUETTE
- I will occasionally do a mass delete of accounts that have 0 posts that are more than 6 months old from the time of my bothering. This is to try and keep a more accurate representation of how many members the forum has. So if you join and don't ever intend on posting, your account will be deleted in a few months. Just a heads up. (Please note that joining the forum is not required to view most of the boards. Everything in the Costuming section is visible to everyone, so there is no need to join for the sake of lurking.)
- No spamming. You will be warned, and if you continue to do so, your IP will be banned.
3 STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT
- Pick a username that is either very similar to/exactly like your forum username, OR a username that a majority of members can identify you by. Do NOT impersonate another member or someone you are not. If I find out that someone has posted in the cbox as someone else, their IP will be banned immediately. (Posting as a fictional character doesn't count.)
Generally--and there are a tiny minority of exceptions--we employ a "3 strikes" deal when it comes to broken rules. First offense will always get you a warning (assuming you're not a robo-spam account), second will get you a suspension, and third will get you banned. Nothing fancy.
If you have any problems with these, feel free to PM me , or post it in the Comments/Suggestions thread
, and we can have a nice, mature discussion about it.