1. Find an online image host. Photobucket
, and flickr
are the major ones.
2. Upload a photo!
3. Find the image file's URL. On photobucket and tinyurl, you'll find something that looks like this:
4. The IMG tags are what's called BB code, which is what this forum uses instead of HTML. Copy that, and paste it in the body of your post. All done!
5. If you're using flickr, though, you'll need to right-click the image, and click either "copy image url" or "view image" (if you do that, the url will appear in the website address bar at the top of the browser)
6. Paste the image url in between some IMG tags in the body of your post. Voila!
If you want to quote and reply to multiple people in a single post:
1. Find what part of their post you want to quote, and copy it.
2. Start a reply.
3. Type this in:
|[QUOTE=username of the person you're quoting] quoted text goes here [/QUOTE]|
your snide remarks and/or words of praise go here
4. And then repeat as necessary. :P
LINKING TO POSTS
You've seen us do it in our work logs... and you wanna do it too! Here's how:
1. Find the post you want to link to.
2. Click the "Posted" bit just above the post with the time and date. A pop-up should appear with the url.
3. Copy it.
4. Create a link like you normally would:
|[URL=url goes here]Link text[/URL]|
5. Paste the copied URL, and voila!