Long time no post! Been veeeeeeery busy! And yes, I'm almost done, so I have a lot to post!
First I add detail to the chest piece, such as the tape deck rim...
and the Decepticon logo.
The arm piece were next, cut from squared boxes with a cereal box to give it's correct shape.
Next up, the boots! They were cut from a box of the same shape to keep the arm and legs in proportion with each other (i.e longer and blocky).
Then the knee guard. The inside is hollow so I can flex my leg, but it still grabs to my leg.
I bought some cheap slip on shoes and fashioned a foot piece with I stuck on with hot glue.
Shin pads were made out of 3 pieces of card and some elastic and strapped to the leg.
I also bought some gloves and glove pads for £3 in my sport shop which make Soundwaves hands and I sown then together.
The head took a while, and I didn't upload shots while in the making, but I can say it turned out okay. I made the face mask and head rest out of a cereal box to easily make the right shape. The sides were also make out of a cereal box which I folded to make a right angle shape. then add the detail after.
The visor is make from acrylic paper which I got at hobby craft, but it was too see through, so I got a piece of netting used for net curtains from the fabric shop.
Now the paper mache!
I finished that off yesterday any I've just finished giving the whole costume it's first layer of white spray paint!
Now all I need is a hand held talkbox to fit in the helmet and it'll be perfect!!